Meet & Greets
321 - 61st Avenue SW
Meet & Greets are held
from 1 to 3 pm
Food for your Greyhound:
SAGA currently recommends the Canadian made dog food Acana, specifically their Acana Regional Group of Dog Foods. The Acana Regional Group of Dog Foods is rich in protein, low in carbohydrates and entirely grain-free, and feature 60-65% meat and 35-40% of fruits and vegetables. They are currently the top rated brand of dog food in Canada and we feel the best for your Greyhound. You can find more information on their website at www.acana.com/products/regionals
What you feed your Greyhound is entirely a personal choice and we know you will make the best decision possible for your Greyhound. SAGA recommends that you feed your Greyhound the highest quality food that you feel provides the best value AND that your pet tolerates. This means that your Greyhound will show good energy, healthy coat, solid stools, bright eyes etc. while eating that food. Remember to phase in any new dog food over time by substituting a little more each day and not switching the food over-night. Do this slowly over a two week period and observe the effects on your Greyhound. We recommend purchasing a smaller bag of food at first in case the brand you choose does not agree with your Greyhounds digestive system.
There are many other brands of dog foods on the market and some of our Adopters have found that work for their Greyhounds including Act1ium, Hill's Prescription Diet T/D and First Mate. Whatever you choose please ensure it is the best for your Greyhound. Please let us know what works for you and your Greyhound so that we can, in turn, assess it as an option to recommend to our other Adopters.
As ingredients and available brands continuously evolve please seek out the most current information available and check back with us periodically as we will continue to assess the best food to recommend to our SAGA Adopters.
Top Ten Reasons to Adopt a Greyhound:
- They truly know the meaning of retirement.
- People will stare at your dog instead of at you.
- They can curl up to the size of a ball if they need to.
- They can expand to the size of the whole bed if they want to.
- They don't bark, keeping your neighborhood safe for burglars.
- You can play their ribs like an air guitar.
- They are the only dogs that know how to really smile.
- You can dress them up as a reindeer for Christmas.
- They are never confused with poodles.
- A greyhound in flight is the most amazing sight you'll ever hope to see in your own back yard.